Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quick Update

I know my updates seem to be nowhere lately. I've been busy with a bunch of ghost writing in the last few weeks. Having written about fifteen to twenty articles I've been a bit tied up. The sites I write for have slowed down a little bit, so I may be posting more updates here soon.

Things that have been going on with me:

  • Lots and lots of writing.
  • Have been keeping up with my strength routine.
  • Staying off my right foot so it can get better.
  • More writing.

I love to write, so I am completely happy with all of the opportunities I've been finding online. It can get a bit stressful if I can't find information on a certain topic. That's when I dig deep through the Internet and find what I need. Lots and lots of digging. The main articles I've been writing lately have been information on various countries. It is interesting to learn about these places, but trying to find information on the nightlife in them can be a bit tough. Some of the more depressed countries like Somalia or others in Africa have very little information on the evening entertainment. I've got to get creative when it comes to that section of the article. I just picked up two more of those article types that are due on Monday.

As far as my workouts are concerned, it's going well. I've kept up with my strength training, for the most part. And I'm getting back into my elliptical routine as well. My right foot seems to be doing OK, so I'm working on my endurance and distance. At the moment I'm going about .4 mile three days a week. I'm hoping by next Friday I can get up to .5 mile. And I'm letting myself take breaks when I need it. My endurance is really lacking, and I had to stop twice last Friday. But I went without a break yesterday, so it is improving somewhat. Last year at this time it's hard to imagine I was doing a full mile nonstop in about 37 or 38 minutes. I'll get back to that point eventually. With the shin splints and this strange foot thing, taking as much time off as I have has wreaked havoc on my endurance.

The weather is still trying to decide if it wants to stat with summer temperatures or drop to fall. We had a high of the mid 80s for about a week a few weeks ago. It got back up to the 100s and now we seem to be getting down into the 90s for a high. Looks like our highs will be in the 80s next week, so maybe fall will actually stick around this time.

Not sure what else to update on, not much is really happening. I've got a few posts I'd like to write here, I just need to sit down and write them, I keep saying that, and I keep procrastinating or something else pops up (like these writing assignments) and I never get to it. I should be getting more time to write soon though.

This is kind of a disjointed post, but at least it is a post. More will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment