Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mileage Progress

I’ve been slacking with the posts again, I know. My walk across the country is still going. I’ve had no more blister issues (so far) since I switched socks. I’m up to doing a full mile again with no problems. I haven’t been doing my elliptical every day, but I am doing it. I’ve had several unintentional days off due to people coming over, or my husband has the day off (due to rain), but I am still moving. Monday was one of those days off. Southern CA is getting hit by a storm coming up from the south. When storms move in from the south, that’s when we get a LOT of rain. Streets flood, people forget how to drive, it’s nuts.

Monday was the first day of the rain, so it wasn’t too bad yet. People were still somewhat sane on the roads. We ended up going to see the movie Tron: Legacy. I actually sort of snoozed off and on during the movie. Oops. It was OK, but rather blah. Not boring really, just not very exciting in my opinion. And definitely NOT worth the 3D priced movie tickets. Most of the movie was in 2D. If I had known that ahead of time, I would have pushed to see the normal 2D version. Paying 3D prices to see only half of the movie IN 3D is a rip off.

Tuesday I did get on the elliptical and did my mile. After I was done, the last of my calluses came off. I had one left on my big toe, and it popped off. I‘m taking today off, because I’m feeling kind of blah. I have some thoughts on that, which I’ll write about tomorrow. But today’s post is to get you all caught up on my virtual walk pictures.

I’m up to 207.8 miles and have reached the town of Whitehall, VA. I’ve not got 13.19 miles until I hit the town of Rockfish Gap, VA. There’s some pretty strange names in the state of VA. Here are the pictures from miles 203.6 to 207.8.

203.6

203.6

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

204.6

204.6

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

205.2

205.2

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

205.8

205.8

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

206.8

206.8

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

207.8

207.8

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

I’ll try not to be such a slacker with posting these pictures from now on. I may skip a day here and there, then post two pictures, but I’ll try not to skip THIS many. I plan on getting into my workouts steadily again starting tomorrow. This rain has thrown everything out of whack. I love the rain, but it causes unintentional days off because my husband can’t really work on rainy days. It’s “supposed” to be sunny again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment