Saturday, October 1, 2011

Slow Miles…But Still Miles

My mileage accumulation has been slow, but at least it's still happening. And I did in fact pass the 300 mile mark on the virtual walk site.I also passed through the town of Buchanan, VA which is in Botetourt county. I am now making my way towards Troutville, VA which is about 16.75 miles from where I am currently on the walk. Since I’m going 1/2 mile on the elliptical for the time being, it’s going to take a while to get there. But, I will get there.

Good thing about going 1/2 mile at a time, is there are more pictures to share! Here are quite a few pictures I’ve been saving since I’ve been back on the elliptical.

Mile 299.2                                                           Mile 299.6

299.2              299.6

Mile 300.2!!!!                                                      Mile 300.6

300.2              300.6

Mile 301.2                                                           Mile 301.6

301.2              301.6

Mile 302.2                                                          Mile 302.6

302.2             302.6

 

(photo credit - Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab)

I’m taking frequent days off. My muscles in my legs and back are still adjusting, and I think it’s a smart idea to not push too hard yet. It’s tough for me to not get on every day, but I know my back and legs will thank me for it. Just the other day, I did my half mile, and at the end, my legs felt like Jell-O and I could hardly stand up because they were so fatigued. It will get easier, I just need to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment