Tuesday, March 13, 2012

400 Miles Down!

Well, 400.6 to be exact. Since I started the Virtual Walk across the country on April 28, 2008, I’ve travelled 400.6 miles. And I’m still in Virginia. I just passed through Draper, VA and am now on my way to Max Meadows in Pulaski county. I’ve got about 13 miles until I get there, so it shouldn’t take me too long.

As far as the 5k With A Twist DVD I mentioned the other day, I’ve decided I’m going to buy it. I watched the whole thing (45 minutes) on FaceBook, and loved it. It’s similar to the DVD I already have, but in the 5k one, Leslie Sansone is all by herself for the whole 3.1 miles. There’s no back and forth conversations or high pitch squeals or giggles (not that I mind that, it just gets old), and she seems focused on the walk (she’s always focused, just more so). I plan to buy that in a few weeks.

I want to get it now, but I’m going out of town in about a week and a half, and it will drive me nuts knowing it’s sitting here not being used. So, it will be a good treat to get when I get back, and I plan to use the heck out of it, just like I do with my current DVD.

Major progress is being made on the elliptical too. I’ve been increasing my time on the machine between breaks, and I’m now doing 400 revolutions before I take a break. So, for one mile I take three breaks. Not bad at all. I could probably go 500 now, but I’ll take it slow. I did go 600 one day before my first break. I’ll get there. Still doing a mile in about 31 to 32 minutes.

Here’s the last of the pictures that I have been saving from the site.

Mile 394.6 (WATP for 5)                                       397.6 (WATP for 2, Elliptical for 1)

394.6 Leslie for 5                397.6 Leslie for 2 Elliptical for 1

And today’s picture at 400.6 miles (WATP for 2, Elliptical for 1)!!!


400.6 Leslie for 2 Elliptical for 1



(photo credit - Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab)


Heh. The speed limit is 25 miles an hour apparently. Still looks nice and sunny along the route, I wonder if there will be any rainy weather along the way. We’ll see. For now, keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment