Monday, September 28, 2015

Reality Check Update And Progress

(photo credit - Clipartpanda.com)


Short little update. It's almost been one month since I had my reality check. Where am I now? I am happy to say I am making progress. I weigh in every Monday morning. When I started this new weight loss journey, my weight was 146.8. As of this morning, I am down to 143.6. So definite progress. And I am moving a lot more than I was. As I said in my last post, I joined Jessica Smith's September challenge. That challenge ends on Wednesday. I did skip a day here or there, but I doubled up the next day. On some days I did more than the required workout for the day.

The September challenge really helped me to get back to consistent workouts. I plan on getting in some type of movement every day even for just 30 minutes of very low impact walking in place. I have slacked off a bit on the elliptical, but I plan on getting back to that now. I did do 1 mile on the elliptical on Saturday, and my endurance is actually better than I thought it would be. I took my normal three breaks instead of four of five.

It helps that I enjoy the workouts that I do. I enjoy Jessica Smith's DVDs immensely, and I have a play list on my phone/ipod that I listen to on the elliptical which makes the time go by fast.

The food aspect of this whole journey hasn't changed a whole lot. I'm trying to cut back on my evening snacks, and I have improved. It did not help that during the first week there was apple pie in the fridge. Yes, I had apple pie, and I enjoyed it thank you. There are no bad foods, and I am not depriving myself. However, I am trying not to have too much of them either. I have yogurt if I need something, and I also have some dry chocolate cereal (chocolate Krave) if I really need that chocolate fix.

It's a process. It's a balance. There's no one thing that will have the weight drop off. For me, though, I think it's more movement that helps me drop the pounds. If I stop moving the scale creeps. 


So far so good. I don't expect to lose weight every week, but it will happen. The key for me is to keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment