Friday, November 18, 2011

Falling Sensation Explanation

In yesterday’s post, I mentioned a falling sensation that I talked about in my SparkPeople blog that I posted on Wednesday. I feel that needs a bit of an explanation on this blog. The falling sensation is my attempt at explaining what these series of bad balance days are like. My balance is awful regardless of what day it is, but maybe two or three time a year I experience a week or so of really bad balance.

The best way I can describe it is if you’ve ever had a dream where you fall. You have that sensation of falling and then you wake up startled. I have that same feeling sometimes when I’m awake. Not all the time, just sometimes. I searched for it online, and I found a few articles about it (I can’t find them now of course) and it’s not too rare I don’t think, but it’s not too common either. There’s not much to be done about it though from what I remember. You just have to go through it until is passes.

Today’s exercising sort of helped, but that feeling is still there at times. Not as much, but it’s not gone yet. I just need to push through it, and it will eventually go away. It always does. It’s just annoying when it happens. Doesn’t help the old confidence either. In the past, once it does go away, I still hesitate on certain things, because I’m expecting it to happen.

That’s the best I can do to explain things. Maybe it’s vertigo or labyrinthitis (a friend of mine who also has cerebral palsy has labyrinthitis). That could be exactly it. Because no matter what, every time I go to the dentist and they lean the chair back, I feel like I’m going to fall out! I‘ve had that feeling since I was a kid.

Makes ya think.

No comments:

Post a Comment