Wednesday, January 2, 2013

“Silver Yin Zhen Pearls White Tea” Review

I just got this tea from my parents for the 2012 holidays (thanks!), and I can’t find the exact tea on the Teavana website, but I found one that is almost exactly the same. The Silver Needle White Tea. Contains the same ingredients and preparation instructions, but the Silver Yin Zhen Pearls has hand-rolled leaves. I found the information on the Yin Zhen on the Teavana app.
Ingredients include the following:

  • Hand-rolled silver needle white tea

When I first opened the tea tin I smiled. It does in facts look like pearls (green pearls). I even took a picture for you all to see.
Silver Yin Zhen Pearls White Tea

When I first smelled it, it smells like green tea only not as strong. Same with the taste, it tastes like a mellow green tea.

The recommended amount to use is 1.5 teaspoons for every 8 ounces of water. The suggested time to steep it says 4 to 5 minutes, but it won’t hurt to steep it longer. It get a little more bitter the longer it sits, but not overpowering. It also contains less caffeine than green tea. This white tea contains about 1% of the caffeine that is in one cup of coffee.

So if you enjoy green tea, but don’t need that much caffeine, this is a good alternative.

Be sure to read all of my tea reviews on the My Tea Reviews page of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment