Saturday, June 22, 2013

Did I? Didn’t I?

Success


Well, I bet you’re all dying to know if I met my goal of doing 1/2 mile straight on my elliptical on Friday, the first day of summer. Well, no, I did not do that on Friday. My workout got postponed Friday. Half on my workout that is. I got my strength training done and then found out my sister in-law and the kids were coming down “early”, so I put it off until today.

Did I do it? Yes I did! I really didn’t think it was going to get done today, because I got on the elliptical and during the first 100 revolutions, my right hip (not really the hip, but the upper outer leg) was tired. But I pushed on, and it worked itself out. Felt good, and around the 650 revolution mark, I began to feel my legs start to tire. I thought to myself, “it’s only 150 more revolutions, you can push through it”, and that’s what I did. Legs were tired, then they were fine, then they were tired, then they were fine. Back and forth for a while, and then I was done.

It’s been about an hour since I finished, and I feel OK now. My legs were tired when I got off, but they seem to be just fine now. I only did a half mile, I didn’t continue to do a full mile like I thought I would. I decided to be smart and stop.

I don’t know how often I’ll do a half mile straight, but it will happen again. I know it’s possible now. You sometimes need a lot of determination to get something done, but you can do what you want, if it is something you really want to do.

Keep pushing, and keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment