Monday, August 12, 2013

Mileage Monday

It’s the beginning of another week. Seems like summer is flying by. I know some kids are already back in school. Seems crazy that they start this early. Summer is not my favorite season, for more than one reason. But, there’s only a few more weeks until things start to pick up again for the fall. Fall and winter are my favorites. Thankfully, our summer temperatures never got too hot. Oh yes, we’ve had some hot days, and will have some more hot ones before the end of summer. We’ve only had a handful of days over 115. Staying around 105 to 108 for the most part though. We even had a high of 95 last week (or was it the week before?). I’m not complaining.

This summer, we’ve had our fair share of strangeness. A few wildfires broke out in our area. We get wildfires every year, but none ever this close to us. Normally, they stay about 60 or more miles away, but we’ve had two that have reached the Palm Springs area, and that’s only 25 to 30 miles of us. We had some nasty smoke and ash from both fires, but they’re gone now. The Silver fire is the most recent one, and it’s now 95% contained. Hopefully this is the end of fire season.

I did get some exercise in last week. I’m taking some time off from strength training to let my left shoulder heal. Not sure what I did to it, but I think due to a combination of some of my strength training moves and how I vacuum, I pulled something. It’s feeling a bit better, but I’m taking one more week off from strength training. I’m also going to go through my arm exercises and get rid of a few. I know of of a couple that would only re-aggravate it, so bye bye to them.

Since I got my cervical pillow, I’ve had a lot less issues with my neck. It seems to be keeping my neck aligned all night. I still get aches and pains, but nowhere near as bad I used to. So, that was a good $20 spent.

On to the virtual walk stats. I’ve passed through the city of Melvin, KY in Floyd county, and have about 4.5 miles until I get to Mallie, KY in Knott county. I’ve gone a total of 622.6 miles, and I’m going strong. Here are the pictures from last week.

Mile 619.6 (elliptical for 1 mile)                                 Mile 620.6 (elliptical for 1 mile)

619.6 Elliptical for .7                    620.6 Elliptical for 1

Mile 621.6 (elliptical for 1 mile)                                  Mile 622.6 (elliptical for 1 mile)

621.6 Elliptical for 1                    622.6 Elliptical for !

(photo credit - Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab)

Keep moving!

1 comment: