Monday, September 30, 2013

Leslie Sansone’s October Challenge: Week One Schedule

Leslie Sansone Walk It Off


(Photo Credit - http://www.walkathome.com/sansone/walk-it-off-in-30-days-challenge-week-1/)


OK, so Leslie Sansone posted the schedule for week one on her blog yesterday. She wants participants to choose a measurable goal to keep track of during the month. Either weigh yourself, take your measurements (waistline, hips, and upper arms), choose an outfit and see how the fit of it changes throughout the month, or have your healthcare provider check your vitals (blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol (blood lipids), resting heart rate, body fat percentage, and that sort of thing. You can also take not of how you feel mentally throughout the month.

Everything starts October 1. Weigh or measure yourself Tuesday and write it all down. Get your outfit picked out and ready to go. I think I’ll pick my weight. Even though I’m smack dab in the middle of my weight range, I would like to lose another 5 pounds. Set aside 30 to 45 minutes every day for exercise this months and write it down down on your calendar! This is why she’s posting the schedule every Sunday, so we all can plan our weeks.

Here’s the schedule for week one:

October 1 – Two mile walk.

October 2 – One mile in the morning, one mile in the evening, and core (abs) strength training.

October 3 – Two mile walk.

October 4 – One mile in the morning, one mile in the evening, and upper body strength training.

October 5 – Two mile walk.

October 6 – One mile in the morning, one mile in the evening, and lower body strength training.

There you go! The first week of exercise is planned out for you. I have my own strength training routine, but I don’t normally spread it all out. I do abs, arms, and legs all at the same time. However, I’ve done no strength training at all for the last several months, because my left arm has been bugging me. So this is a good way to ease back into it.

Leslie also says that if you have no way of tracking mileage, you should walk for 15 minutes or walk 2,000 steps to go approximately one mile. She also gives some suggestions for strength exercises on her blog post, so check it out.

Plan out your week, and let’s get it done! Important things is to keep moving no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment