Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mileage Monday: Let's Try Again

First of all, this post's title now has two meanings. The first reason for the post's title is the fact that this post is a day late. My computer lost Internet connection as I was writing this post. I kid you not. I was in the process on inserting the pictures from the virtual walk site, when I got an error message saying I lost connection. Everyone here lost the Internet, but when the router rebooted, mine didn't come up. Turned out to be a loose cable connection (outside somewhere) to my machine. All fixed now though. Just annoying to yet again have a plan of mine disrupted. Seems like every time I make a plan, something always pops up to disrupt it.

The second reason for the title of this post is exercise related. I was all gung ho about my new workout plan. Get up every hour and get on the elliptical. I should have waited until my upper back was 100%. I did get on the elliptical every hour for about 6 minutes (did two tenths of a mile in that time), and by 2 PM that afternoon, my shoulders were screaming at me. So, I needed a little patience.

I am back into my routine now though. Only just. I did a mile yesterday (Sunday) and a mile today (Monday), and I feel pretty good. Upper back is all better. I am also very pleased that my stamina didn't go down the toilet after my exercise hiatus. It's been, what, three weeks or so since my back went wacko, and I am still able to do 1/2 straight. Big smile at that.

So, my plan is to do at least 1/2 mile on the elliptical most days of the week (saying every day is unrealistic), and then maybe another 1/2 later that morning or one of my Leslie Sansone DVDs. Other than that, I will be getting up every hour. Not on the elliptical, but just marching in place. I think that will be easier. We'll see though.

I'm still going strong on the virtual walk site. The last few weeks I've not entered any mileage, but I still have a back log of pictures to share. So let's get to it!

Mile 831.8 (3.1 miles as I marched in place while watching Biggest Loser)

Mile 832.8 (elliptical for 1 mile)

Mile 833.8 (elliptical for 1 mile)



Mile 836.2 (Leslie for 2.4)

Mile 837.2 (elliptical for 1)

Mile 838.2 (elliptical)

(photo credit - Virtual Walk site)

There ya have it! A day late, but it's up. I am very very very happy that Google's Blogger platform saves drafts frequently so I didn't have to write all of this twice. Normally, I write my posts on Evernote's desktop software (I love Evernote!!!!) and then copy and paste it to Blogger, but decided not to this time. Lesson learned, but Google's Blogger is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment