Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Did What?

So, in my last post, I mentioned I had a sore muscle in my foot. It felt just fine this morning, so I decided to test it out today. My goal was 35 minutes, but if it felt weird I was going to stop. So I hopped on, and did my 35 minutes with no problem. I didn’t even need a break. After 35 minutes, I still felt fine, so I decided to another 15 minutes, which would take me to 50. I do 50 on my “long” workout days. The fifteen minutes flew by with no problems. So then I decided to go for another 10 minutes. And…I did. I haven’t done 60 minutes on the elliptical for at least a year. And I did it today when I only thought I’d be on for 35.

My foot feels great, no problems. I’ll most likely be stiff later tonight and tomorrow, but stretching will help that. I was tempted to go for longer today too. I went a total of 1.7 miles. I said to myself “I only have .3 mile to go for the two mile mark". I’ve never done 2 miles on the elliptical. I think the most I’ve ever done is 1.8 in 60 minutes. I told myself no, and forced myself to get off.

My elliptical display screen is behaving at the moment, since I put in new batteries on Monday. If the screen flickered or re-set during my workout, I doubt I would have gone more the 50 minutes. It was working with no problems, so I went for it. I burned 549 calories according to the screen. Whether or not I actually burned that many, I don’t know (this is when I start thinking about getting a heart rate monitor or whatever they are), but it felt good. I definitely burned off breakfast, which was scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, two biscuits, and some sort of milky gravy. It was good, but most likely high in calories.

I doubt I’ll do 60 minutes very often, at least not yet. I’ll stick with alternating between 35 and 50 minutes. But I’ll probably do 60 once a week. We’ll see.

Here’s the picture from the walk.

Mile 257

257

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Nice and sunny. Oh, speaking of which. The weather here is nuts. Last Thursday we got to 103 degrees. This weekend (Saturday I think) it’s only supposed to get to 67 or 70. Crazy. Right now the wind is whipping, and it’s supposed to continue through tonight. It also rained a little yesterday. Like I said, crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment