Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Mile

Since my 1.7 miles on Thursday, I did no exercise. I wasn’t sore at all from my hour long elliptical workout, which surprised me, but I decided it might be a good idea to take a few days off anyway.

The weekend was fun and productive. I mentioned my confidence issues with writing, and I nipped that in the bud. A few of the complaints I received about my writing was that I write in the passive voice too much. I ended up buying a 22-page ebook about passive and active voice. It’s called How to Swat the Killer Be’s in Your Writing by Nancy Owens Barnes. This book helped a ton and now I’ll be able to write my actively.

Other than regaining some of my writing confidence, we went to see the movie Source Code. It was a good action film. I wouldn’t say it’s a “must see” in the theaters, but if you’re in the mood for some action, then I’d say you should see it.

This morning I got back on the workout train. The mile I did flew by, and I sort of wanted to go longer. But I resisted. Tomorrow I’ll go longer.

We got a little reprieve from the heat. We had highs in the 70s and 80s over the weekend. It’s supposed to climb back into the 90s again later this week. It was nice to have a cool day when we went out though. The sun was warm, but the breeze was nice and cool.

I only have about 14 miles to go until I hit Lexington, VA on the virtual walk site. Still looks like it’s nice and sunny along the route. Here’s the picture from where I am now on the route.

Mile 258

258

 

Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Have a great week all, and keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment