Thursday, April 5, 2012

Back From Vacation

I’ve actually been back from vacation for about a week, but am just now getting back to the blog updates. I still need to do a vacation write-up, and I’ll get to that in the next few days. Upload a few pictures from the trip and all that good stuff. The trip to the Sequoia National Park and Monterey, CA was fun though, I will say that.

I got back into my exercise routine on Monday. I had to take a few extra days off due to a massive blister on the bottom of my left foot. I’ll go into more details in my write-up. It healed up faster than I thought it would, so that was a nice surprise.

I’m also surprised that my endurance on the elliptical didn’t drop too much. I’m being cautious, and am taking a break after every 200 revolutions, but am still able to do a whole mile without a problem. I might only do half a mile tomorrow, because I did get a little tired at the end of today’s workout. I did a mile in 34 minutes today, which is about 2 minutes slower than usual.

I’m back to logging my miles in at the Virtual Walk site. I didn’t keep track of the miles we walked on our trip, that would have been too stressful (I’m kind of obsessive compulsive when it comes to calculating the exact mileage).

Here are the pictures from the site. The first one is before the trip, that I never uploaded.

Mile 410.6 (watp for 2, elliptical for 1)                     Mile 412.6 (watp for 1, elliptical for 1)

410.6 Leslie for 2 Elliptical for 1                  412.6 Leslie for 1 Elliptical for 1

Mile 415.6 (watp for 2, elliptical for 1)

415.6 Leslie for 2 Elliptical for 1

 

(photo credit - Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab)

Looks like the sun is starting to set on the route. Pretty cool. Another thing that is pretty cool. As I was typing this post up, my new DVD arrived! I wasn’t expecting it to show up until next week. I ordered Leslie Sansone’s 5k With A Twist, and am very excited to test it out. Be on the look out for my review of it soon. I’ll do it a few times before I review it, so probably sometime by the end of next week.

I’ll try and get the vacation updates up soon too. I’m kind of waiting for my card reader to show up, so I can get the pictures off my digital camera.

Keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment