Monday, December 17, 2012

Mileage Monday and The Hobbit

My husband and I did in fact see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey over the weekend. We saw it on the XD screen in 3D. It was great! I don’t remember the term they gave, but they also showed it in a fast frame rate than normal. I'm not sure if that’s what it was, but something was “off” in the way it was filmed.

If you’ve ever watched crime stories on Dateline or what have you, they’ll sometimes do a re-enactment scene. Sometimes those scenes seem to cheesily (I know it’s not a word, but it fits) filmed. The movie felt like that to me. It just seemed off. I’ll have to rent it when it comes out on Netflix to see if the faster frame rate thing was the culprit. Loved the movie in general though.

Since I skipped Mileage Monday last week, I’ll do two mileage posts this week, one Monday and one Wednesday. We’ll see what other things I can come up with to talk about. Still moving alone well on the virtual walk. Making progress on the elliptical also. I’m now able to do two sets of 500 revolutions. I break the last 600 revs into 300 rev chunks. That seems to be working well.

Haven’t done anything yet with the walker, but that will start very soon. I find myself procrastinating. I hate procrastination. So, today’s the day I’ll start. Slow for now, and then we’ll go from there. I am hyper alert when I’m anxious. For example, when we were walking from the car to the movie theater, everything seemed louder. I noticed where everyone was, and could tell how far people were behind me. The louder things are, the greater chances my jump reflex kicks in. So, my plan is to put on my headphones and play Matchbox Twenty and walk around. That way doors opening, and cars driving past won’t startle me. It’s a start.

Now that I’ve posted this for all to see I have to do it right? Right.

Here are the pictures for the day.

Mile 488.2 (elliptical for 1 mile)                                   Mile 489 (elliptical for .7 mile)

488.2 Elliptical for 1                     489 Elliptical for .7

Mile 489.4 (elliptical for .5 mile)                                 Mile 490.4 (elliptical for 1 mile)

489.4 Elliptical for .5                     490.4 Elliptical for 1

Mile 491.4 (elliptical for 1 mile)                                   Mile 492.4 (elliptical for 1 mile)

491.4 Elliptical for 1                      492.4 Elliptical for 1

 

(photo credit - Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab)

Keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment