Saturday, November 16, 2013

One More New Gadget I’ve Come To Love

NutriBullet nutribulletblog.com


(photo credit – nutribulletblog.com)


Seems like I’ve gotten a lot of new gadgets over the last several months, and I love them all. I’ve talked about my new adult trike, my FitBit Flex, and the FitBit Aria scale. Still need to write up reviews on the FitBit gadgets, and I’ll be doing that in the next few weeks. Today though, I want to talk about my new friend in the kitchen. The NutriBullet is awesome. This is more than just a blender. You can put anything into this thing and it will pulverize the heck out of it.

I’m sure most everyone has heard of the VitaMix and the Ninja blenders. Those are super duper blenders, but to be honest, I can do exactly the same thing with the NutriBullet, and for way cheaper. My husband surprised me with the NutriBullet a few months ago, and got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Around $95 dollars retail, and he used a 20% off coupon. So, great deal. If I ever have a problem with the blender, I can take it in and exchange it for another one as long as I have the receipt. BB&B are great like that. They don’t care how long you’ve had a product. As long as you keep your receipt, you can take it back.

Anyway, I now have come to enjoy oatmeal. I’ve never been a huge fan of oatmeal, sadly, because I couldn’t get over the texture. It tasted, honestly, like snot. Bleh. Maybe I cooked them wrong, but I couldn’t take it. With the NutriBullet, I put in 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal and use the “milling blade” that comes with the NutriBullet. The milling blade basically turns oats or any other dry ingredient into a fine powder.

Once I have my oats powdered, I then add in about one cup vanilla soy milk (Silk), one full banana (fresh or frozen), and sometimes I add in some peanut butter. Put on the “extraction blade” and let her rip. Blend it for about 30 to 45 seconds and you’re good to go. It is a bit of a thick smoothie, so it takes some getting used to. You can of course add in whatever fruit you want. The other day I used a medium apple, and also added about a teaspoon of cinnamon. Yum.

So I now have a way to enjoy oatmeal. That’s not the only thing I’ve come to enjoy because of the NutriBullet. I also now enjoy Greek Yogurt. Can’t stand the stuff plain, but add it into the blender with a bunch of fruit, and it’s great! Kale also. I’ve added kale with frozen raspberries, a banana, and just plain water, and that’s a great snack.

I mainly use the NutriBullet for my afternoon snack, although I’m using it more now. I have the oatmeal shake a few times a week, and then I’ll have green smoothie with a sandwich for lunch. Then my afternoon smoothie. Yum, yum, yum.

And it’s super easy to clean too! Just rinse off the blade and you’re pretty much done. Once I’m done with my smoothie, I like to fill up the cup 1/3 of the way with water, add a little dish soap, put the blade on, and blend for 10 seconds.

Awesome little gadget if you like smoothies. It is small, so you make one smoothie at a time. But it’s so fast, and you get three cups with the blender (two small cups, and one tall cup), that you can make multiple smoothies in no time.

I see no reason for buying one of the over-priced blenders, when the NutriBullet does exactly the same thing. You can see some videos on YouTube that show the proof. I’ve even made tuna salad with it. Hehehe. Highly recommended by me!

Great way to make sure I keep moving!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard the nutribullet is awesome. How long have you had it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About three months now I think. I love it. Very happy with the purchase, and it seems like it's very durable, so it will last a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete