Monday, April 7, 2014

Mileage Monday

Back at it with the Mileage Monday posts. I'm no longer sick, and I'm done making excuses for not getting my miles in. The elliptical is no problem at all for me, and neither is just marching in place. The adult trike however, I need to be careful on. Last Wednesday I went out for an hour for a bike ride. The weather was fantastic, high was only 75 degrees. Pretty much unheard of for April.

In that hour, I did 7.5 miles (or close enough). Let me first say, anytime I'm on the bike, my neck is sore that evening and the day after. Don't know why, but that's just the way it is. Maybe I'm holding my upper back, arms, and neck in the same position for too long. Who knows. Being on the bike for an hour? I trashed my neck. It's still sore and it's almost been a week. Not sure if it's tendons, or muscles or what, but it's sore. Hurts to turn my head from side to side.

When I do get back on the bike, I need to remember to take it slow. Maybe two times around the block, and not ten. The heating pad is my friend these days. I actually think the elliptical will help my neck loosen up, so I'm on it tomorrow (well today. I'm writing this on Sunday.).

I'm got pictures from the virtual walk to share! Been a few weeks since I've done that. So, here we go. Since my last post, I've passed through Irvine, KY in Estill county. I have about 1.8 miles until I reach Wismantown, KY in Estill county.

Mile 743.6 (1 mile elliptical)

Mile 744.6 (1 mile elliptical)

Mile 745.6 (1 mile elliptical)

Mile 746.6 (1 mile elliptical)

Mile 747.6 (1 mile elliptical)

Mile 748.6 (1 mile elliptical)
(photo credit - http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html;jsessionid=1F4E2B8269D80C6DF557FB31D1D6D77B)

There ya go! Have a great week everyone. I've got a few posts in mind for this week, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment