Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Week

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that so far your week is going well. My husband and I went to see the movie The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus on Saturday. I'm still not sure whether I liked it or not. I won't say I did not like it, but I won't say that I liked it either. It was very odd to say the least.

So far my week has been fairly slow in terms of the standard exercise. I did not do my pilates video or strength training on Monday. However I did do a ton of cleaning and straightening up. Lots of bending over picking up trash, pushing and pulling the vacuum cleaner, and scrubbing surfaces. By the time I was done I had spent about three and a half hours cleaning up and my lower back was aching. I decided to skip my routine yesterday seeing as I was already sore.

Monday night my husband and I took my father in law out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. My mother in law is out of town right now so we thought we'd treat him to a dinner out. I had the No Rules Pasta. I normally get the Atlantic salmon, but I was in the mood for pasta. When I got back from dinner I checked the calories for the meal and it was over 900 calories just for the pasta. I also had three pieces of their bread. Luckily we didn't order an appetizer. It was good, but I don't know if I'd order it again. Having a 1000 plus calorie meal is way too much for me. If I remember right the calorie count for the Atlantic salmon is only about 180 for the salmon and 110 for the veggies.

Although I had pasta last night for dinner, I also had pasta for lunch. I made a cup of noodles sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cooked broccoli, and three small carrots raw. If I could eat pasta for every meal I would. I love pasta.


















Monday was also weigh in day and I was pleased to see a 2 pound loss. I was surprised to see that because I saw a 2 pound loss last week also. I'm surprised at this because I've done no cardio for the last several weeks. I've only been doing pilates and strength training. I have been doing well with watching what I'm eating, I stayed within my range most of the time, only going over range one or two times a week and not by very much. Although last night I went over my range by about 500 calories. Oops. That's OK though, we don't go to Outback Steakhouse very often and I know the next time I go I will have the Atlantic salmon.

I'm not sure what the plan is for dinner tonight, but I think it's going to be Carl's Jr again. So I'll get the apple cranberry walnut grilled chicken salad again. I plan on having a fiber one bar for a snack later this afternoon. I got the chocolate peanut butter kind this time. My husband already had one last night and he said they were very good. One bar is 90 calories which I like.

I've got a few things to do today, such as finishing laundry, vacuuming our room, and getting some balance practice in. I skipped yesterday and I also skipped Saturday. Saturday we walked around for awhile before the movie. Not very much but if focused on body posture and that was one of my goals for the last few days.

How are you doing with your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment