Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Second Cold In Two Months

I was totally fine yesterday until around 4:30 PM when I noticed my throat was a little sore. Sore throat kept getting worse as the evening progressed and by 8 PM I also had a wicked headache. Woke up this morning with a full blown cold. Sore throat, headache, achy ears. Blah. This thing hit hard and it hit fast. I'm hoping it doesn't last long. The cold I had at the end of November (on my birthday no less) lasted off and on for two weeks. Hopefully it won't last that long.

I found out the last goal for my Spark team challenge Sunday night. We are to choose one new exercise three days this week. For the first day (Monday), I chose a video from Netflix again. I had been meaning to look around Netflix for a weight training video for a while now and this gave me the excuse to go browse. I didn't find too many options as far as what I can watch "instantly", but I did find one. It's called 10 Minute Solution - Target Toning For Beginners. I like it OK. Seeing as the video is broken up into 10 minute segments, the arm section didn't work out my arms like my normal routine does. I did the arm section using my five pound weights. I normally use a set of eight pound weights. I may try this video again using my eight pound weights tomorrow. I also did the ab section. Again, it didn't feel like I got as good of a workout as the pilates video I've been using. So after this week, I think I'll return to my normal arm routine and go back to the Crunch video.

For Wednesday and Friday, I need to come up with two more "new" exercises. Not sure what I'll pick. May look into more videos on Netflix, but not sure. I'll have to think on it. I want to try and keep it easy and maybe a bit simple seeing as I don't want to over exert myself and make this cold worse.

Monday I did get on the elliptical as a sort of test, to see how my ankle is. Still not where I want it to be. So another week off from cardio. It feels pretty good today. Hopefully another week or two and it will be good to go.

I'm craving something warm for lunch today. I don't want another cold sandwich. We have a few soups out there. Dinty Moore Beef Stew, Ramen Noodles, Lipton soups. Although Lipton soups don't fill me up, so it's either Dinty Moore or Ramen. Think I'll go with the Dinty Moore. I haven't had that in years.

Not much planned for the day. I should get some writing done, but I may leave that for this evening. Might just take it easy and read for a while. Have a good day and keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment