Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh My Aching Abs

My abs are sore today. Why you may ask? Because of this.











Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates

I watched this video through Netflix. I also watched about three other types of pilates videos, but this one seemed to be the easiest one for my ability. I did this work out Monday morning and it was pretty tough. I had to modify a lot of the exercises but that's OK. The video had one person doing an easier version of the routine and I like that very much.

I woke up this morning and when I sat up in bed my abs started to scream at me. My abs have not hurt like this in a very long time. That just tells me I have not been working my core muscles as much as I should be. I will definitely be doing this video again.

I recently got a few goodies in the mail from SparkPeople. I bought one of their water bottles as well as a stress ball. The water bottle holds 24 ounces and I love it. Maybe now I will be able to get my full eight cups (64 ounces) a day. Only problem is I keep having to make a dash for the bathroom every 15 minutes or so it seems. Maybe once every half hour. I keep hearing that it will get easier over time but I've tried this before and I keep having to run to the bathroom constantly.

















I'm enjoying the stress ball also. I squeeze it as I watch TV, switching from one hand to the other, sort of like playing catch with myself. It gives me something to do with my hands so I'm not tempted to go to the kitchen and find a snack to munch on.

My plan for today is to rest and give my abs a chance to recover. I plan on finishing The Spark book and getting caught up on various blogs. Tonight is the start of a new season of The Biggest Loser. I will most likely let it tape tonight and watch it tomorrow. I'm curious to see the contestants for the season as I haven't really heard much about them yet. I know they're paired up again with family members or friends but that's all I know.

Are you looking forward to the new season of The Biggest Loser?

2 comments:

  1. Terrie,
    I know what you mean about the dvd. I have it and I'm sorry to say I don't use it as often as I should. Thanks for reminding me about that one. I'll do it tonight! I'm on sparkpeople too. Username sherrij61. Stop by my spark page.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by Sherri! I'm glad to know people are reading. I am loving the DVD. Although I watch it on Netflix, I might actually have to but the DVD itself. It's great! I'll be sure and stop by your Spark page and add you!

    Terrie

    ReplyDelete