Friday, February 12, 2010

First Day Of New Schedule: Success!

So yesterday was the first day of my new "work" schedule, and it worked out very well. I spent from 8 AM to 11 AM yesterday morning writing. I wrote one ghost writing article, a blog entry and I got my workout page up and running. I took a 30 minutes for lunch and then realized I didn't have to work again until 5 in the evening. Since my husband wasn't back from work yet, I decided to get more writing done. I did a quick vacuum job and took care of the cat box first.

From about 12 PM to 2 PM I spent some time editing articles for eHow and submitting them to the site. I then picked up another ghost writing article and got that turned in as well (a little later in the afternoon). It turned out to be a good thing that I got more writing in. My husband decided to take last night off from his World of Warcraft duties, hehe. He played a little bit of a different game, but quit early so we could get caught up on some shows.

We watched the last episode (series canceled and I'm not sad) of American Choppers. Then we watched the two hour premier of Survivor: Heroes vs Villains. Great first episode! My favorites from the Heroes side are Colby, James, and Stephanie (one tough girl there). My pick on the Villains side is Russell and Rob. Next week's show looks interesting.

This morning I woke up bright and early, around 6 AM, got caught up on e-mail and had my usual green tea. By 8 AM I was in my workout gear and getting busy. Did my usual strength training routine. I didn't do the Pilates video, I did my normal ab routine, and it felt great. I like switching off between the two options. And I did three sets of "manly" push ups. I haven't done push ups in several weeks, and I was surprised I could still manage three sets of 15. Felt great. My routine lasted about 55 minutes. I had Bon Jovi's The Circle album playing, and that lasts about 50 minutes.



I did five minutes after that, finishing my leg routine, so it worked out well. I normally don't play music during my strength training, but I may just start. Made it go by a lot faster.

Now I'm all showered and changed and I had a banana for a snack. I have a little time before lunch, so I'll post this and get started with my ghost writing article. The rest of my day is consisting of writing for most of the afternoon. Whatever I can get done. Start more articles for eHow, pick up more ghost writing assignments, you name it. We'll see how it goes.

Do you have any plans this weekend? Big plans for Valentine's Day?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terrie,

    Thanks for following my blog. I really appreciate it. It sounds like you have a great schedule going on there! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra. I found your blog through the message post you put up today on Writer's group on SparkPeople. And thank you for following me back. :)

    ReplyDelete