Thursday, February 11, 2010

Set Up A New "Work" Schedule For Myself

The other day I had the idea of setting up some sort of "work" schedule. I tend to procrastinate when it comes to getting any writing done. I read e-mail and blogs, play on FaceBook and Twitter, and I never get any actual writing done.

I've finally set up a schedule and it seems to be working so far. The hours of "work" are sort of random depending on the day. I plan to exercise Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and don't plan to write until 10 AM. Then Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday I plan to write in the evenings for a few hours while my husband has a scheduled event in World of Warcraft. I plan on taking Saturdays off entirely, but I may write here or there anyway.

This is all just a tentative schedule. If it works, great, if I make tweaks here and there, fine. Just as long as I get some sort of writing done most days of the week. I'll be happy with that. So far today, I've gotten an article for a ghost writing site done, and I finally got my workout page set up here on Blogger.

I've got an hour before I eat lunch, and I plan of editing some articles for eHow, and I'll upload those to that site probably later this evening. So yeah, the schedule will work pretty well I think. As long as I resist the temptation to read blogs. That's my biggest time sink at the moment. I love reading other people's blogs, and seeing what they're up to.

Tomorrow is Friday, and I intend to get back into my exercise routine. I plan on doing my normal workout routine tomorrow. I'll see how close I come to my scheduled 10 AM writing date. I have a feeling I'll be early, which is fine. Once I get back on my elliptical, that 10 AM deadline will be harder to make. But make it I will.

Do you all have a set schedule you keep for getting things done? How flexible are you with it? Do you have any time sinks like FaceBook or blog reading that get in the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment