Friday, March 26, 2010

End Of The Week Update

It's been a productive week all in all. I completed three strength training routines, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I got my assigned articles turned in by Tuesday evening. I got one more quick and easy article written Wednesday night (just a fast “paraphrase this article type. Took me an hour total.). And I did a boat load of blog reading. I've still got a ton of blog posts to read. I subscribed to quite a few writing blogs in the last several days, and am working my way through their old posts. So far, I'm learning quite a bit.

I got a late start on my exercise routine today. I didn't get it done until after lunch. I was busy setting up memberships with the content sites Xomba.com, HubPages.com, and InfoBarrel.com. I've heard good things for all three from the blog reading I've done. Had myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat toast. GREAT combo. I've been meaning to try this for a while. Toast up some whole wheat bread, spread 2 tablespoons of PB on, slice a banana, put the slices on the toast, mash them together, and yum! Will be doing that again, for sure.

After I ate, I got in my strength training. Did very well. I'm really thinking about getting 10 pound weights soon. Maybe a month or two, who knows. Maybe not until the fall. We'll see. If this writing thing really gets going, I'll be getting them sooner rather than later. Seemed like most of the arm exercises I did today were easy. There are only a few I still struggle with. The front arm raises and lying triceps extensions in particular. Those still take effort.

I was really tempted to get on my elliptical today. I've had no twinges at all this week in my ankle. I did a funky run in place move the other day and felt nothing in my ankle. I leaned against the couch and did a run in place but left my toes on the ground (if that makes sense). So, I will try it out on Monday.

Food wise, this week was BAD. Papa John's, Arby's, McDonald's (had a salad from McDs', but it didn't fill me up so I ended up having two servings of peanut butter M&M's). It wasn't pretty. So, Monday's weigh in should be interesting. Another reason, I'm hoping my ankle is OK Monday. I need to burn all of this crap off.
I do so well during the day. Dinner just kills me though. I can't remember if I've mentioned this here, but we live with my in-laws. And for the most part, my mother-in-law does dinner. This week was a lot of fast food. I should have opted to eat cereal on those nights, or a sandwich, but oh well. Done is done. The rest of the time, it's meals that contain a lot of grease, or oil. Fried chicken, fried potatoes and eggs. Eggs and bacon. Burgers. So yeah, dinner kills me.

So that's my little update for the week. I want to get another post up Saturday or Sunday, or both! I got my delivery from Teavanna.com this afternoon, and am looking forward to trying out the four varieties I got. I'll make sure and give my review this weekend.

For now, have a great weekend, and keep moving!

What are your downfalls when it comes to eating right? Candy? Chocolate? Fast food?

No comments:

Post a Comment