It has been way too long since I've posted an entry here... again. There are few things I have updates on, my workouts, writing, and my ankle.
I've been doing OK with my working out. I've keeping up with strength training this past week. Last week I took off entirely, and it ended up being a good thing. Sometimes the body needs a break to get energy back to be able to keep going. It also gave my ankle a chance to improve. I believe I have tendinitis in my ankle, but that's strictly undiagnosed. Taking last week off was a help, because on Monday I did not feel any aches as I did my routine. Normally I would feel an ache in my ankle as I did "manly pushups", but on Monday I didn't feel anything.
Because I took last week off, I decided to test my ankle on the elliptical. I didn't have a really high hopes that I'd be able to do much of my elliptical workout, but I wanted to see how it was doing. I went for about 30 seconds and decided that it wasn't where I wanted it to be yet. But it is getting better. I'd say about 90% of the time I have no aches and pains in my left ankle. The other 10% I feel an ache, and that only if I step oddly. I used to be able to find an area on my ankle where I could push on an exact spot, and it would feel like a bruise. I can't find that spot anymore, no matter how hard I try. I'd say I have another two weeks and I should be OK. But I will take it one day at a time and not get my hopes up. I know eventually I'll be able to get back on my elliptical.
Now for the writing update. Back at the end of January I received, a few Direct Orders from a client at Textbroker.com. I believe I received four topics to write on and, I got those in on time. Last Tuesday the same person sent me 10 more Direct Orders and again I got them in on time. And again it wasn't too difficult in terms of the subject matter. Then yesterday I received two more articles to write from the same person. This time he sent me a note saying that if I was up for it, he would send me 20 to 30 articles each month. After I did a happy dance for about a minute or two, I sent back and note saying that I'd be up for the challenge. So I've got two articles to write today, and we'll go from there. I was hoping that eventually I'd receive an offer like this, and it's happened. I'm happy that the topics are all health related. I feel like I'm knowledgeable about health topics as I've been learning more and more about health and fitness in the last three years.
Speaking of health, I celebrated my third year on SparkPeople.com on Monday the 8th. It was actually back in February 2007 that I decided to get my butt in gear and get healthy. I didn't find SparkPeople until the beginning of March. The last three years have really flown by, and I think that's because I have more energy, and I am able to do more than I used to. I don't even want to think about where I would be now if I didn't find SparkPeople.com. That's kind of scary to think about actually.
So that's where I am today. Thought I would update everyone that reads this blog, since it's been so long. I'll do my best to post an entry more often. I know I've said that before, that's why I say I'll do my best, LOL.
The rest of my day is going to consist of working out, writing, laundry, and other housework. Do you all have plans for the weekend?