Saturday, March 27, 2010

"My Morning Maté" Review

For my first Teavana tea review, I chose the “My Morning Maté” tea. The tea contains the following ingredients:

・    Maté
・    Roobios black tea
・    Cocoa kernels
・    Carob bits
・    Orange peel
・    Chocolate flakes (cocoa, sugar)
・    Almonds
・    Cactus flower
・    Coriander
・    Pistachios
・    Cracknel (sugar, hazelnuts)
・    Pink pepper
・    Macadamia
・    Sunflower
・    Cornflower and safflower petals

I could definitely smell and taste the macadamia. It has a very strong nut flavor to it. It says to use 1.5 teaspoons for ever 8 ounces. My Teavana pot hold 16 ounces, but I still only used 1.5 teaspoons. It was enough. If I had used any more, it would have been too strong. Although, maybe the other flavorings would have jumped out more, who knows? Maybe I'll try adding more next time.

I did like the tea though. It brewed really dark, and smelled great the entire time. It says to brew it for 5 to 6 minutes, and that seems to be enough. I think I would recommend this tea to other people, if they really like a nutty flavor. Obviously, this tea does contain nuts, so if you have any type of nut allergy, this tea is not for you.

So, my impression of this tea is favorable. I don't know if I'll drink it every morning, but it makes a nice change.

Check out my other Teavana tea reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment