Monday, October 22, 2012

Good Reads Lately

Too many books, and no time to read them all. That’s my problem. Although, over the last 5 or 6 months, I’ve read quite a few books (for me). I’ve listed a few of my favorites below, along with upcoming books I’m planning to get to soon.

Book I’ve Read:

Night Angel Trilogy


Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks:
-The Way of Shadows
-Shadow’s Edge
-Beyond the Shadows

The Night Angel trilogy is a fantasy series that follows the story of an orphan boy, named Azoth. The series follows him through young adulthood, in which he becomes a magical assassin. He struggles with choosing his profession or choosing a family life.

This series is a bit slow, but still a good read. Easy to get though, and is what I consider to be a light read. It took me a few months to read all three books.

The Unincorporated Man


The Unincorporated Man by Dani Kollin and Eytan Kollin:

I’m currently reading this science fiction book, and I have about 100 pages left to go. It’s been a great read so far. This is about a man, Justin Cord, who puts himself into cryostasis due to a health issue (don’t want to ruin anything). He gets revived 300 years later and the world is totally different. Everyone is “incorporated” at birth, and over their lifetime they try and get more control over their lives by obtaining more of their stock. The more of their own stock they have, the more independent they are. Just is not incorporated and is fighting to stay that way.

The Passage


The Passage by Justin Cronin:

This is a book my parents got me over the holidays last year. It’s probably one of my favorite books that I’ve read over the last several years. It’s set in a post-apocalyptic world, due to a military experiment gone wrong. Vampire-like monsters abound, and if someone gets bitten, they get the virus and turn into a monster too. The story follows the colonies of this new world and how they live through the new times.

I don’t want to give too much away, and it would be easy to do this. I just found out that this is planned to be a trilogy. I knew about the second book in the series which was just released about a week ago, but I guess there’s a third book that will be out sometime too. Good news!

Upcoming Books to Read:

The following are books that I plan to read soon.

The Twelve - Book following The Passage
The Unincorporated War - Book following The Unincorporated Man
The Unincorporated Woman - Book following The Unincorporated Woman

Other than those, I’m sure there are a ton more books that I will want to read. I need to learn to speed read.

What are you all reading these days? What’s your favorite genre?

No comments:

Post a Comment