Monday, July 1, 2013

Slow Mileage Monday!

Not many pictures for this Mileage Monday post. I had to take a few days off this week due to a very sore upper back and neck. I have no idea what I did, but it hurt to turn my head from side to side and also to bend it forward. It even hurt to pick up my coffee cup. I remember back before I started going to the chiropractor it hurt to pick up my coffee cup. So, in I went to see the chiropractor. It had been three weeks, so I was due anyway.

Good thing I went. My upper back was way out of whack. He found the trouble area right away, and got that sucker back in place. He asked if I had fallen, and I said no. So we both figured it was how I was sleeping. He suggested a certain type of pillow for me to try, so I’m looking into some. I have a few picked out, but have to make sure they’re the right kind before I buy one.

Normally when he adjusts my neck he does it one time to each side. This time he did it about 4 times to get everything straightened out. All the muscles were tight and did not want to move (even with a Xanax in me; took one this time mainly to relax my muscles, not for anxiety). I was still sore on Saturday, but not as bad. I used my heating pad and ice pack throughout the day and that made it a lot better.

Sunday was a whole lot better. I still used the heating pad and ice pack, but didn’t really need to take any Aleve (good thing since we’re out now). It’s still sore, but bearable now.

Not sure what my plans are exercise-wise this week. I might take strength training off the list and just do my elliptical or my Leslie Sansone dvd. Not sure about that either, the muscle near my rib cage keeps threatening to cramp up. Leslie Sansone might be the way to go and I just skip the arm parts.

OK, enough of me whining about my aches and pains. On to the pictures from last week from the virtual walk site. We’ll see if I have any for next Monday. Take it one day at a time.

Mile 592.2 (watp for 3.1 miles)                                  Mile 593.2 (watp for 1 mile)

592.2 Leslie for 3.1                     593.2 Leslie for 1

Mile 594.2 (elliptical for 1)
594.2 Elliptical for 1

 

(photo credit - Copyright 2006 Lawrence Berkeley Lab)

Keep moving!

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely great.
    I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read far more from you.
    This is actually a tremendous website.

    ReplyDelete