Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teavana Tea Review: Six Summits Oolong Tea

(photo credit - Me)

Well, sure enough, I found three Teavana teas that I have not reviewed yet. Unfortunately, two of those three tea tins are empty. I procrastinated too long when I got them, and never got around to writing the reviews. “I’ll do it tomorrow” is my line, and I can’t stand it anymore. Just do it! So that’s what I’m doing.

The tea I’m drinking right now is Teavana’s Six Summits Oolong tea. I actually had to double check to make sure I used the right tea. It tastes a lot like the Monkey Picked Oolong tea. I checked Teavana and sure enough, the descriptions says “The Monkey-Picked Oolong base is gently scented with a delicate raspberry and strawberry aroma”.

This tea smells fantastic! You can definitely smell the raspberry, and a hint of the strawberry. The ingredients are simple.

-Oolong tea
-Artificial flavoring

To make this tea, use 1 teaspoon of tea leaves for every 8 ounces of water. Let it steep for 3 minutes and it’s done. The taste is a lot like the Monkey-Picked Oolong. There might be a touch of raspberry or strawberry flavoring, but it might just be psychosomatic (ooohhhh big word) with the scent. It’s a nice light green tea tasting tea.

So, I’ve now had 3 teas from Teavana that taste almost exactly the same. The first green tea I had (never did a review on it as it was long ago before I decided to write tea reviews). I’m almost positive (95%) that was the Dragonwell Green Tea. Then the Monkey Picked Oolong and this tea, the Six Summits Oolong. I love green tea, so it’s just fine and dandy. If you don’t want a full blown green tea taste (you do have to watch how long the Dragonwell steeps for...1 minute max or it gets undrinkable), this tea is perfect for you.

See you in my next tea review, which may be a while now. I’ve got some teas to finish up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment