Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teavana - Monkey Picked Oolong Tea Review

(photo credit - Me)

The second of the three teas I’m reviewing from my holiday gifts is the Monkey Picked Oolong tea. I’m had several cups of it so far, and it really reminds me of the Silver Yin Zhen Pearls White tea that I reviewed in the past. A lot, there’s not much difference in the taste really. Just one is a white tea, and this one is an Oolong

The ingredients in this tea is just one.

-Oolong tea

Pretty simple. To prepare the Monkey Picked Oolong tea, you need 1 teaspoon of the tea leaves for every 8 ounces of water. Let it steep for 3 minutes and you’re good to go.

This tea reminds me of a very light green tea. If you like your teas stronger (like I do), just let it steep for a few more minutes. It smells really nice too. The Teavana website describes it as having a “bright orchid aroma”, but I don’t really think it smells like orchids. I think it smells more like a light green tea. I’ll have to pay more attention to the smell when I make it again, and see if I can pick out the orchid aroma.

Another great tea from Teavana! I do love their teas!

Check out my my other tea reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment