Monday, February 3, 2014

Mileage Monday (and a goal to shoot for)

So, February 1 was the start of Leslie Sansone's February challenge. It kicked off with a 5 mile walk. I did just that. I did Leslie Sansone's Five Mile Fat Burning Walk. For some reason, I thought that DVD was 50 minutes long. It was actually 65 long. Whew! Kicked my butt. Glad I got it done in the morning though. Then, later that day, my husband and I went to Costco looking for a specific brand of salmon. Didn't find it, ended up buying some mahi mahi instead (very good by the way). However, we ended up wandering around Costco for about an hour. Partway through our trek, my right wrist started to vibrate. Got my 10,000 step goal by 2 PM. Not too bad.

Now, I want to eventually make it to 15,000 in one day. I think it's do-able, but I need to work up to it. The DVD kicked my butt, my inner thighs and hips were really starting to feel it by the end. And I was fine at Costco, but again, my legs were shot as we were walking back to the car. I remember my legs feeling that tired when I first started doing the 5K With A Twist DVD as well, and now I can do that with no problem at all. That just tells me, I need to work up to it. But it was nice to see this on my FitBit app!

(photo credit - FitBit app on my iPhone)

By the time I got in bed that night, I was a little over 13,000 steps. So I didn't move much when I got back from the store. Legs were tired, as well as my feet! Not sure how I got 5 flights of stairs. The FitBit Force has an altimeter and I'm not exactly sure how that works. Changes in air pressure or something. I didn't go up and down any stairs that day.

So hopefully I'll see 15,000 steps on the app sometime soon. That will be something for me to work on. On to the virtual walk pictures. I only have two this time again. But next week I'm sure to have more as I'm doing my best to follow the workout plan for February. I am changing some days around. Today I was supposed to do an ab routine and two miles. I found out this morning we might have some people over today, so I decided to do today's workout Wednesday (scheduled day off). Turns out we'll have people over tomorrow instead of today. So, I intend on getting my three miles and arms routine done super early tomorrow, as I don't know what time people will be here. We shall see.

Anyway, I'm getting side tracked again. Back to the virtual walk pictures. Here they are!

Mile 720.4 (watp for 3.1 miles)                                      Mile 725.4 (watp for 5 miles)
(photo credit - http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html;jsessionid=1F4E2B8269D80C6DF557FB31D1D6D77B)

Keep moving, and make some goals to aim for!


No comments:

Post a Comment