Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Day Of Races

Apparently, it was the day of races yesterday. I knew Caitlin, from the Healthy Tipping Point blog was running a marathon Saturday. She smashed her previous time by 32 minutes. She ran the Disney marathon last December. She finished the race in 4 hours, 22 minutes, and 38 seconds. This was her second marathon. Congratulations Caitlin!

My mom sent me an e-mail right before I got on my elliptical saying that the street by my parent's house was closed due to an Ironman triathlon. A marathon is one thing, running 26.2 miles, but an Ironman is another thing. First there's a swim that is 2.4 miles long, next is 112 mile bike race, and finally there's a marathon run at the end, 26.2 miles. All of that has to be done within an 8 hour time period. That's absolutely insane in my opinion. I think I would be dead just from the swim alone. Rudy Pauls from The Biggest Loser season eight participated in the Ironman triathlon in Miami. He finished the race in 8 hours, 7 minutes, and 8 seconds.

It was neat to see the race maps from the triathlon, since it was conducted in my hometown. I know I would've watched some of it if I'd been, there since it was so close to my old house. Apparently my mom watched for about an hour and a half. I think they were on the bike part during that time.

I'm not sure exactly how far I went on the elliptical this morning, because the display screen reset on me. I estimated that I went .6 mile, in about 20 minutes. I had intended on going 25 minutes, but since the screen reset, I decided to just go 20 minutes. I did not feel like going back through my exercise log to see how many calories are burned in 25 minutes on resistance level one. Tomorrow I plan on going 25 minutes.

Things are going well with my feet and ankles still. I went a little faster again today with no problems. I can't wait until I'm doing one full mile again. I need to be a little patient still, and take things slow. I figure I'll be doing 1 mile in about two weeks or so. I hope so anyway.

Elliptical stats for the day: All estimated:
Distance- .6 mile
Revolutions-1056
Resistance level-1
Endurance-excellent
Injury- None.
Time-20:00

Virtual walk tour stats for the day:
0.6 miles today
195.6 miles since April 28, 2008
5.78 miles to Mechums River, VA, Charlottesville City County

The picture on the virtual tour did not change again today. I'm not sure why, but it's a little bit annoying. I look forward to the picture changing everyday. Hopefully it will change tomorrow. Have a good Halloween, and keep on moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment