Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day One Done

The first day of using my walker went OK. I used it a total of two times going to the bathroom and back. The first time, my nephew was in the kitchen making lunch. He saw me with the walker and asked if I needed help. I told him no, I was fine. I said it was time for me to get out of the wheelchair. He said, "Yeah!" The second time I went, my mother in-law was making dinner. She saw me, but didn't say anything. That was fine with me. I also saw my father in-law in the hallway. He did a double take and said, "That's new".

This morning I used it after my workout, and my mother in-law asked me why I was using it. I told her I wanted to get out of the chair. She just nodded and said OK. So it's not a big deal. My main issue right now is my self confidence, myself consciousness, and my balance. My steps are a bit hesitant sometimes, but I'll get the hang of it. I need to get my mind away from the scary thoughts of falling. I just need to pretend I'm on the elliptical and just keep my stride smooth and continuous. If I fall, I fall.

I went ahead and bought the new walker. I think that will be a good thing. I decided to go ahead and buy it because I'm determined this time. It will come in handy for times I have to carry something, and it will force me to use it.

I did 1/2 mile today on the elliptical, and everything was fine. I did not feel the muscle knots in my lower right leg until the very end. The muscle knots are slowly fading away, and that's a good thing.

Elliptical stats for the day:
Distance-0.5 mile
Revolutions-880
Resistance level-1
Endurance-excellent
Injury- None. Felt the muscle knots only at the very end, but not bad.
Time-18:08

Virtual walk tour stats for the day:
0.5 miles today
193.4 miles since April 28, 2008
7.94 miles to Mechums River, VA, Charlottesville City County

The picture did not change today for some reason. I'm not sure why it didn't. My "miles to go" also did not change. My total mileage did change though, so I don't know what is going on. I know when I only enter .1 mile, the picture sometimes does not change. But I've never had that happen with a distance over .1 mile. I hope the picture changes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment