Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Follow My Virtual Walk Progress

Long time no see! It's been since early August since my last post here. I have a plan though, and I will be updating this blog a lot more often now than I usually do. I figure if I can write an update of my mileage on the virtual walk thread on SparkPeople.com, I can update it here also. I plan on updating this blog with how many miles I go on my elliptical each day, and how long it takes. That's basically what I do on the virtual walk thread.

Right now my minimum goal on the elliptical is to go for one mile six days a week. I won't say I will do it everyday, I'm leaving one day open for a rest today. And I won't specify a day as my rest day, I'll just take a rest day when I feel like it. Right now, I'm going about 45 minutes on the elliptical five or six days a week.

I plan on improving the time it takes me to do one mile. For the last four or five days I've been recording the time it takes me to do one mile. My fastest time was actually yesterday in a time of 33 minutes and 20 seconds. My fastest time before that was 33:45.

Today my plan was to do 45 minutes. It was one of those days where I could not stop looking at the display screen to see how far I had gone. So as soon as I hit the one mile mark, I said to myself "OK, you're done". I was a bit tired from yesterday, and I wanted it to be over with.

I like seeing progress on the elliptical. When I first got mine, my average speed was about 45 revolutions per minute. Now my average speed is about 52 revolutions per minute. I remember 52 RPM being the top speed I was able do, and I could only hold that pace for 15 to 30 seconds. Now it feels a lot slower to go less than 52. Yesterday, I had a top speed of 60 RPM. It didn't stay there for very long, but I saw it. My steady high speed now is about 56 to 58.

Today I did one mile in about 34:12 which is about my average time. According to the virtual walk website, I've walked 185 miles since I started.

My elliptical stats for today are:
Distance: 1 mile
Revolutions: 1760
Resistance level: 1
Endurance: OK
Time: 33:12
1 mile time: 33:12

Virtual walk website stats:
Total miles since April 28, 2008: 185 miles
3.04 miles to go until Charlottesville, Virginia, Albermarle County



This is the picture from the website at the point where I am currently. Since I started, the road has been one lane each direction. This is the first two lane road that I've seen. I wonder what it will look like when I hit the city of Charlottesville. I'll find out in about three days at the most.

Stay tuned for more updates on my mileage and pictures from the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment